Thursday 25 February 2010

ROMANTIC YEARNINGS!

Just dream like.....
I adore this little cardigan , and can any of you crochet mad ladies out there tell me if you think this is crochet or lace, and do you think it would be difficult to make ?
Abbie cornish and Ben wishaw as Fanny Brawne and John Keats
Ben Wishaw plays John Keats , I fell just a little bit in love with him after watching the film... ... sigh..... dream ...... sigh


This dress is stunning ,as were all the costumes in the film , I am disappointed the costume designer did,nt win a Bafta.
Is,nt this a beautiful image ,cant you just smell those blue bells and feel the stillness. I read Wuthering Heights by Charlotte Bronte as a 12 year old , and my romantic yearning was very early formed by this book , so that for me a really good romance has to include tragedy , separation , longing, beautiful country side, stunning period houses and beautiful period clothes, and of course a irresistible man in a tail coat , Bright star has it all . . A couple of weeks ago I watched Bright Star a film about the love story between 19 th century poet John Keats and Fanny Brawne , and from the moment it started to the finish, I was utterly mesmerized. visually stunning ,and such a poignant true story. certain scenes from the film keep popping back into my head as I go about my day... you MUST watch it............ I wont say to much about the plot..... but it got me thinking that people died from things thy could be simply saved by thees days like antibiotics , so frustratingly tragic, and I hope in a hundred years or so people will say ( or less please god) that people used to frustratingly tragically die of cancer and now...... any way on a brighter note , would appreciate comments on the cardigan in the top picture , what do you think it is made of ???? as I love it. simple thoughts from a dales girl in cold foggy Yorkshire.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Linda,
    Lovely to meet you. Welcome to the world of blogging.
    I've been looking at your blog, you're a natural. You have a beautiful home and I hope we see lots more photos of it. Sweet little doggies and moggies too.
    Yes I do sell my cupcakes, bunnies, cushions etc locally. Mostly from Milkchurn Cottage Gifts and Interiors in Hawes. I also try to sell items from The Fatsheep Shop in Reeth, but I must admit I find it difficult to make enough for both shops, so they didn't get much last year. I also work part time and have a family to take care off. Maybe I'm just very bad at time management.lol.

    And of course I spend far too much time on the computer checking up on my '20 Minuters'.

    Looking forward to chatting more.

    Love Fi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Forgot to say, can't really tell what that little cardigan is made of from the photo. Do you think it could be coloured tatting? It is rather scrummy though, if manage to make one let me know and I'll put my order in. lol.

    Fi x

    ReplyDelete