Thursday 16 December 2010

CAN I HAVE CHRISTMAS IN jANUARY PLEASE?!

DO you every feel there,s not enough hours in the day to do every thing you need to do and every thing you want to do? , please tell me you feel a little bit the same as it would be good to know i am not alone in feeling run ragged !! Honestly if Christmas could be re scheduled for mid Jan I would be thrilled . As well as working six long days a week at the moment , Christmas is the busiest time of year at the farm/farm shop /tearooms ,and I make all the food/ gift hampers and I have made 100,s of them( please don't mention bows!) and I am in constant demand from customers as well as doing the 93 other jobs that I do in a day.. at work I am focused and organised .. and then I come home and TRY to to sort home life, sorry to bore you with the flood/barn room saga.. but we( D and I) have been flat out painting ,staining and cleaning to try to get it ready for Christmas , we were up till 2 in the morning yesterday and we are still days off finishing , Scream... as well as trying to sort Christmas on top of all this , on the up side I have written my Christmas cards , but hav,nt bought half the presents I need and i hav,nt , ho and then theres that to do and then theres this to do , any way you get the picture.. so please could you arrange for Christmas to be in January some time I would be indebted for life ,honestly!!I bought this lovey cake stand ( YES you guessed from good old Morrison's for £5)its for my mince pies, ho god there to make..... erm ... buy from work!!! there another thing sorted... phew


A couple of weeks ago I left a optimistic bid on some thing on Ebay and forgot about it as I knew I wouldn't win it because of the miserly amount I had bid or so i thought but Ya ... I won this adorable little 1950,s fella , for 99p , yes I couldn't believe it either...



Hes had a tough life but is still handsome..


and looks rather jaunty with his polka dot bow don't you think? but as it is Christmas I thought of this hymn.. rather fitting don't you think? its one of my favourite Christmas songs , whats yours? the saying keep calm and carry on is so so so apt don't you think at this time of year? loving all you festive posts and love when you leave comments.. xxxxxxx

Little donkey, little donkey
On the dusty road
Got to keep on plodding onwards
With your precious load.



Been a long time, little donkey
Through the winter's night
Don't give up now, little donkey
Bethlehem's in sight.


Chorus
Ring out those bells tonight
Bethlehem, Bethlehem
Follow that star tonight
Bethlehem, Bethlehem.



Little donkey, little donkey
Had a heavy day
Little donkey
Carry Mary safely on her way.

Little donkey, little donkey
On the dusty road
There are wise men waiting for a
Sign to bring them here.


Do not falter, little donkey
There's a star ahead
It will guide you, little donkey
To a cattle shed.

Chorus
Ring out those bells tonight
Bethlehem, Bethlehem
Follow that star tonight
Bethlehem, Bethlehem.

16 comments:

  1. Goodness I thought I was stressed until I read your post - all this and you still have time write?! The cake stand is lovely and as for your new fella, well he's the perfect pet isn't he? I'm not sure about Xmas in January. I have this feeling we would still be working flat out until the last minute. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh little Donkey, I love you!
    You are soooo busy, I feel for you. After my artshow season is done, I am just about out of steam, and sometimes out of the Christmas mood. Sometimes it is tempting to just forget about all the home decorating and putting up the lights and trees. But I do it anyway and am happy AFTERWARDS. So Chin up, my dear, and enjoy yourself!
    Hug that little donkey for me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel I wouldn't mind rescheduling it till next December ( bah humbug)
    I am sure it will all get done and it will all be worth it in the end.
    I adore your cute little donkey you lucky thing
    xx fee

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful ebay find, you definitely got a bargain! He is so gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a beautiful little donkey, he is so lucky to have found a loving home for Christmas.
    I haven't got to M's yet for the tins, am going today to get them & the cake stand (knowing my luck, they will be sold out!)
    T X
    ps keep little donkey cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should be crowned "The Bargain Queen"....Your donkey is a great find, as is your cake stand from Mr M.
    I'm sure you will get everything done in time....
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, love the cake stand - I shall try our Morrisons later, but they don't always have the lovely things I see posted on various blogs :( LOVE the little donkey - he's wonderful! Don't run yourself too ragged, or you'll end up making yourself ill at Christmas (I'm telling myself this as much as you!!! - trying to get our kitchen sorted / support daughter with new baby, etc.) My OH's gotr a fluey cold now - I'm fully expecting to have that by Christmas! Keep calm and carry on! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bargain! The song used to be my favourite when I was at school, I think it might still be now you've reminded me :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Little Donkey is wonderful. Bet they wished they'd put a reserve on him.

    So many people seem to be behind this year with Christmas, I'm getting there but still stuff to do. It sounds extra hard for you, this time of year is quiet for me....I run a slimming club so January is my busy time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you poor thing..I wish I could come round and help you now I've finished all my Xmas preparations.That donkey was a great ebay find..and amazing for 99p!! Love the cake stand too.Hope you won't be too worn out to enjoy Xmas when it comes.Sounds like you need to be whisked off somewhere nice for a holiday after it's all over! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My thoughts precisely! I need an extra week or 2 to get everything done and I'm sure I don't do half as many things as you do! I can't believe that cake-stand was only £5! They're all so very expensive at the moment now that the shops have cottoned on to how popular they are. What a find! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Linda I do feel for you. You sound so stressed. I hope you get a good break from work over Christmas and into the new year. Love the donkey. Take care Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. 99p yikes?! What a bargain. You should enter it into my Thriftser of The Month comp on my Facebook page.

    Chrismtas has come so quickly hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Linda, now take a breath and remember that Christmas is all about time with family and friends, sharing the love - not about presents and cards. Your friends know just how busy you are - and then there's the snow! You can always blame the snow :) Little donkey always, always makes me cry - so have a little weep, have a sherry and embrace the spirit of the festive season - afterall, it's the thought that counts and you've been thinking about it - a lot x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes I think this Christmas has snuck up on all of us. I did a Christmas in July which is becoming popular here because it is a bit cooler. It was a sit down dinner for 25 so I feel like I have already done Christmas this year.
    Love little donkey.. I got a bargain on Ebay an old projector so we can watch some of our old movie 8's which we are looking forward to seeing after many years.
    I guess the world is turning Christmas into something it was never meant to be.
    "True Love was Born in a Stable"
    It really comes down to Love. And why we do what we do??? The pressure we put on ourselves for that one day that in gone in an instant.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't think you are alone there is definitely not enough time in the day at this time of year, but it all will be fine it sounds like you have worked really hard, so have a rest and enjoy it! Happy christmas to you and your family,
    Jillxxx

    ReplyDelete