Thursday 24 March 2011

THE LUCK OFF THE DRAW!

Hello girls..... firstly I would like to apologies for the long gap between this post and the last...boy doesn't time fly bye... i have had a very busy social life recently and have been very lucky to have been out and about far too much for my own good !!! Plus fitting in a bit of full time work ...have dropped in to your blogs to keep an eye on what you have all been getting up to .. we are all so busy in different ways..... A couple of weeks a go I had a little outing to Harrogate.. lunching ..shopping.peolple watching... and as i was walking past Bettys tearooms and heading down Montpelier parade were all the swish shops and restaurants are..just window shopping honest..eeh..ermm.. i looked in a restaurant window .. and spotted a pile of wood ,the restaurant was been refurbishes..... and on closer inspection..nosed pressed up to window..spotted an old pine draw ..feet..cupboard doors..

so putting on my best smile and fluttering my eye lashes ,flicking hair miss piggy fashion ..I enquired what they were doing with the wood jigsaw.. the lovely polish builders asked the even lovelier owner if the "lady" could av cupboard..


he said go ahead its all there ..we were just about to chuck it in the skip.. girls i have a small car and it was verrrrry difficult getting all in ..even thought four lovely chaps with bemused faces helped me.. what are you going to do with it lady said one.. keep rabbits in it!!





well as you can see after piecing the cupboard together,its a rather nice bow fronted old pine side board.. all the pieces were there and D is fixing it as we speak..



I intend to paint it a lovely frenchy colour and put it in the bedroom to house my small excess amount of clothes...





What do you think.. not bad for a bit of cheek and all for free... i,ll post as the project progresses..


have a great week ..we had lovely sunshine today and hope you have had some too ,xx

23 comments:

  1. Well if you don't ask you don't get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how wonderful is that.. its looks like a gorgeous piece of furniture and all for free ..there nothing like a bit of cheekiness is there!!
    well done!!

    charl
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a great find ! can't wait to see it all finished. Good to have you back and hear what you have been up to. I have been searching for a pair of the red Toast shoes in your last post online but had no luck, they really are gorgeous.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, Glad you are back again and what a way to return!
    How fab is that dresser base....you were certainly in the right place at the right time.
    I can't wait to see it transformed Frenchy style....grey, blue or green?
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great piece of furniture and for free too - even better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's realy sad to think that someone was going to "skip" such a lovely piece as that but, hey now it's all yours to take pride of place in your lovely home. One man's rubbish ...as they say. Are you still up for a coffee and natter sometime? Lucey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always dream of this happening to me...but it never does! So happy for you.Looking forward to the finished result! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fanatstic find, I look forward to seeing the finished article. I'm sure I'd never be so lucky as to find a great treasure like that.

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well scrounged! Lovely - it'll look fab painted up. Have a great weekend. Abby x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, aren't those free bits of furniture the best kind?

    I once had my eye on a bureau on eBay for £60, that weekend we went to the local retail park and what should be in a trailer in the car in front (waiting for the tip to open) but the very same bureau!! Needless to say, I too employed a bit of cheek and my best Miss Piggy hair flick and they even delivered it!!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, wish I was that brave! That would have to be a posh/spoilt rabbit!!
    Can't wait to see the made-over version!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing find, I found an old blue painted fruit ladder in a skip the other day and the builder cut it in half for me so I could get it in the car, playing a bit simple and batting the eyelashes is always a good trick!!
    T x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely solid piece of furniture, It is going to look fab once finished, I can't wait for the reveal. You are a lucky girl. Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Wow what a find - you lucky girl. I did the same when I saw a lovely pine wall shelf outside and thet lads even put it in the car for me! That is an exceptional find though Linda, Cant wait to see how it looks when you have finished. I see your friend Wendy has started a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh how amazing . . . can't wait to see it finished, love Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, I just stumbled across your blog whilst investigating my recent purchase of a Triang push along terrier. Mine is not in good condition however.
    How lovely it is to stumble upon blogs owned by likeminded peeps, you even have a cat like mine!
    I will look forward to following your blog in the future.
    Emma. X

    ReplyDelete
  17. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... บาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. เว็บแทงบอลออนไลน์ น้ำดีที่สุด UFABET

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. สล็อตpg เว็บตรง

    ReplyDelete
  20. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. บาคาร่าไม่มีขั้นต่ำ

    ReplyDelete
  21. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... ไฮโลพื้นบ้าน

    ReplyDelete